A downloadable game
Ephemeral Tale blends traditional turn-based combat, dungeon crawling, and loot to create an unexpected twist on the JRPG formula. Find your way, write your path. Your story is yours to tell.
- EXPLORE - Explore varied environments in search of those who hold the power to rewrite fate. With 5 dungeons to crawl through, you'll have plenty of opportunity to find some sweet loot.
- LOOT - Collect powerful, randomized loot, and build your own style of play! With over 60 pieces of unique gear, there is a load of (optional, of course) grinding to do.
- COMBAT - Fight challenging and powerful bosses! Big bosses, small bosses, hidden bosses.. We got 'em all! Between a swathe of enemies (each with a unique item), and our array of bosses, combat never grows stale.
- & MORE - Discover special allies, secret vendors, randomly generated chests, & more! Secrets lie just beneath the surface..
PLEASE NOTE -- Ephemeral Tale is still in active development, and as such should be treated as an Early Access release. We're open to any and all feedback you have for the game. We intend on involving our community in whatever way they wish to be involved in the development process-- dislike one of our bosses and have an idea? We're listening. Would an item be better if it did this thing instead of that thing? We're not opposed to it. Have an idea for a zone, NPC, or quest? Don't rule it out, baby. We love your passion, and we love that you want to help us make this the best game that it can be.
We're currently committed to releasing regular patches (generally on Tuesdays), with the usual suspects of changes (bug fixes, inconsistencies, content here and there, etc.), and a more substantial patch every few weeks that will add new features, revamped content, or anything that's too significant to fit in the time span of our normal patch schedule.
What can I expect from the game if I buy it today?
The current state of Early Access is a fully-playable build of Ephemeral Tale. Front-to-Back. Over the course of Early Access, we plan on deepening that experience in a multitude of ways, but you will have a fully playable game with a beginning, middle, and end from Day 1. A play-through of just the core content can be completed in 4-6 hours, with side content adding an addition 1-3 hours.
What does that mean? 30+ unique enemy types, 60+ unique items, 3 dungeons, and a handful of bosses. Everything you see on the store page here is fully accessible content.
And sure, someone who buys it at the full release will have more playable content than you did, but it's really like comparing a slice of pie to.. well, two slices of pie.
|Updated||5 days ago|
|Release date||61 days ago|
|Author||Dawdling Dog, ltd.|
|Tags||2D, Loot, Turn-based, Turn-Based Combat|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Touchscreen|
|Links||Steam, Steam, Twitter, Homepage|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Weekly Pupdate (3/31/20) - Update #175 days ago
- Weekly Pupdate (3/24/20) - Patch #16 - QOLity of Life12 days ago
- Weekly Pupdate (3/10/20): Update #1425 days ago
- Major Update #2 - "Into the Deep" (Pupdate 3/3/20)33 days ago
- Weekly Pupdate 2/25/20 - Patch #1240 days ago
- Weekly Pupdate 2/18/20 - Patch #1147 days ago
- Weekly Pupdate 2/11/20 - Patch #10 notes + more!53 days ago
- Weekly Pupdate 2/4/20 - Hello to Itch.io, and Major Update #1 patch notes!61 days ago